Re: [e4-dev] New PerspectiveSwitcher Implementation

Hi Joseph,

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Joseph D Carroll Jr <jdsalingerjr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In a pure Eclipse4 sense, I am assuming I should avoid use of the following bundles as parts if not all will be deprecated:
   - org.eclipse.ui.forms
   - org.eclipse.ui.ide.application
   - org.eclipse.ui.ide
   - org.eclipse.ui.navigator.resources
   - org.eclipse.ui.navigator
   - org.eclipse.ui.presentations.r21
   - org.eclipse.ui.views
   - org.eclipse.ui.win32
   - org.eclipse.ui.workbench.compatibility
   - org.eclipse.ui.workbench
   - org.eclipse.ui

Yes, you want to avoid these projects.  They're all part of the Workbench as opposed to Eclipse4.  Over time the services they provide should be converted to be Eclipse4 consumable, but that's not the case yet.

Later,
PW

--
Paul Webster