[e4-dev] New PerspectiveSwitcher Implementation

After talking with Brian de Alwis for awhile, I am going to try my hand at creating a pure e4 perspective switcher this week.

Right now my intention is to treat this as a tool/command (instead of an addon?) using Paul's 3.x/4.x hybrid perspective switcher as a template.  As soon as a import Paul's existing perspective switcher, it gives me several build errors:
   - The method isADD(Event) is undefined for the type UIEvents PerspectiveSwitcher.java /org.eclipse.ui.workbench/Eclipse UI/org/eclipse/e4/ui/workbench/addons/perspectiveswitcher line 234 Java Problem
   - The method asIterable(Event, String) is undefined for the type UIEvents PerspectiveSwitcher.java /org.eclipse.ui.workbench/Eclipse UI/org/eclipse/e4/ui/workbench/addons/perspectiveswitcher line 235 Java Problem
   - TOPIC_CHILDREN cannot be resolved or is not a field PerspectiveSwitcher.java /org.eclipse.ui.workbench/Eclipse UI/org/eclipse/e4/ui/workbench/addons/perspectiveswitcher line 258 Java Problem
   - TOPIC_TOBERENDERED cannot be resolved or is not a field PerspectiveSwitcher.java /org.eclipse.ui.workbench/Eclipse UI/org/eclipse/e4/ui/workbench/addons/perspectiveswitcher line 259 Java Problem

Any ideas on where this is coming from? I have searched the other branches and haven't been able to locate these topics.  My only guess is that EMF is re-generating the source at some point and adding these topics as well as the additional methods.

Thanks,

JD

Back to the top