Re: [e4-dev] master is open for UI, Runtime, and Tools

Yes, the goal all along was to graduate this tooling into a mature project (PDE?) when it is ready. The e4 incubator doesn't do formal releases, but it is useful to mark the version of the incubator content that aligns with a given platform release.. We have been using the "0.12" tag/repository in e4 to indicate that.

John

Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/28/2012 10:25 AM

Please respond to
E4 Project developer mailing list <e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [e4-dev] master is open for UI, Runtime, and Tools

If technology in the e4 incubator is maturing to the point where there are releases, you should consider moving it out of the incubator.

The EDP states that incubator projects "never have releases".

If this is a rule that we need to revisit, I'm game to have that discussion.

Wayne

[1]
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/development_process_2011.php#4_9_Incubators