Re: [e4-dev] Article for Java Tech Journal

In my humble opinion, (or better, the way I came to understand it) the Eclipse 4 *Application Platform*'s boundary is in the line which is drawn when IPresentationEngine interface is offered. After this "imaginary line" it is a specific use case which  provides the renderers for the specific widget choice. In this case the 4.2 SDK uses SWT Renderers but we all have seen (Tom's hacks for example) cases where E4AP is used but not swt renderers.

I may be wrong in my understanding of this E4AP term in which case I'm perfectly open to adjust it ;)

Sopot