Re: [e4-dev] Terminology Question for key/value pairs in the Context

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

do we have already a name forÂkey/value pairs in the Context? AFAIK once we make them modifiable, we call them "Context Variables" but what about a common term for the other elements?

Things in the IEclipseContext? We call the Context Values (in the javadoc), and most often Context Variables (anything you set in the context like "activePartId" we call a variable, whether you modify it or not).

We say we can store data objects or services, so arguably if it's not a data object (Context Variable) it's a service accessed through the Context.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor. Make me a sammich! - GIR