[e4-dev] Interview

Dear Eclipse 4 Committer and Contributor,
first of all I would like to thank you for your great work on Eclipse 4.x, I have already used it a lot and it really makes my life easier :-) To do marketing for the new version, I have recently published a lot of articles, blogs etc. For the 4.2. release (Juno) I would like to create another article. What I plan to do is a mixture of an article and an interview with the people behind Eclipse 4. It will be published in the Eclipse Magazine, on Jax Enter and I will blog it. As I do not want to decide on a single person to ask all the question, my idea was to interview you as a team. My plan would be to ask the questions step by step to this list. I would kindly ask whoever thinks, he/she can provide an interesting answer. If another person has already answered, but you have another opinion or more information, feel free to post it, too. For all answers I am also very thankful for additional web links, e.g. to blog posts. At the end, I will try to extract some of the information into an article and publish some as the interview. If you want to be mentioned with your name, please start all answers with "Your_Name:" I will not post all questions at once, as I want to be able to react to your answers. If you do not want to have this conversation on the mailing list, please tell me, I will find another way to communicate then.
Long story short, the first two questions:

Eclipse 4.2 (Juno) is about to be released, what are the major improvements compared to 4.1? Does Eclipse 4.2 contain new features?

When was the decision made that Juno is not 3.8, but 4.2. and how was it motivated?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers
Jonas

Back to the top