[e4-dev] Failing search console automated tests

Hi,

The search console JUnit tests are already part of the test execution but there are quite a lot of weird failures:

1. There are quite a lot of IllegalStateExceptions thrown when calling PlatformUI.getWorkbench, for example

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Workbench has not been created yet.

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.getWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:92)

at org.eclipse.platform.discovery.integration.test.unit.internal.SaveInFavoritesViewCustomizationTest.setupViewAccessor(SaveInFavoritesViewCustomizationTest.java:102)

How can the workbench not be created? Tests are executed as PDE tests, right?

2. One of the SWTBot tests fails with an error saying that the tests must be executed out of the UI thread (SlidingCompositeTest.testProgressMonitorCanBeCancelledOutOfUiThread()). The failure is caused by Display.getCurrent() not returning null. Indeed, SWTBot tests _must_ be run out of the UI thread. Or do I need to somehow explicitly specify somewhere that a test suite should be executed as a SWTBot test?

Is the eclipse workspace log file produced while a test suite execution preserved somewhere? I suspect that it can provide valuable details for troubleshooting these failures

Thanks!

Danail

Back to the top