Re: [e4-dev] Can we add EMF-I-Build to predefined updatesites

Where is E4 consuming EMF builds from anyway? We are currently blocked from adopting 4.2 M2 because I cannot find the matching EMF I-Build. The latest I-Build published on EMF downloads page is from 9/13, while 4.2 M2 includes EMF bundles stamped with 9/16.

Stuff like this is pretty frustrating for adopters who are trying join the big 4.2 is primary for Juno push. Here are some concrete suggestions for making life easier for adopters:

1. Eclipse 4.2 download page should include link/reference to the exact EMF build that was used.

2. Eclipse 4.2 should refrain from adopting EMF builds before they are published on EMF download page.

Note that pointing adopters at the EMF’s I-builds repository does not work as not every adopter can consume in this manner. In our case, we need a zipped repo that is only available for published EMF builds on the downloads page.

Thanks,

- Konstantin

Back to the top