[e4-dev] Search Console compatibility story

Hi Folks,

For those of you interested in search console,
We have implemented a throw-away prototype which proves the concept that
existing search extensions can be successfully hosted in Search Console,
without modification of the extensions' code.
Although far from perfect, it is fully functional.

Those of you interested, can you please check it out and contribute thoughts / opinions / issues you run
into?

<<HOW TO TRY IT OUT>>
1. Fetch to head of the "prototype" branch
https://git.eclipse.org/c/e4/org.eclipse.e4.search.git/commit/?h=prototype&id=2905a7030e0edecb83337c3a02a7cd0e25954ae4
2. Launch a runtime workbench.
3. Window -> Show View -> Search Console.

Thanks!
Regards, Dimitar

P.S. The fact that the org.eclipse.search Search Result view shows simultaneously with the search console results, is a known issue, We're still pondering how to address that.

Back to the top