Re: [e4-dev] scroll bar in swt in eclipse 4

On 25-Jul-2011, at 9:56 AM, Ann Smith wrote:
> is what im doing the best way to put in a scroll bar in swt?  or is there another? As I think this way is causing the theming not to work.

What you're effectively doing, IIUC, is providing an unsupported bit pattern for the Composite.  E.g., it's equivalent to:

	Composite c = new Composite(..., SWT.V_SCROLL | ...);

Composite doesn't support V_SCROLL, and the bits represented by V_SCROLL may actually be used/reserved for some other purpose.  So it's not entirely surprising that you're seeing unexpected results!

As Tom indicated earlier, you need to wrap your composite:

> > On 7/23/11, Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> To get scrolling it is not correct to simply set the SWT.V_SCROLL but
> >> you need to wrap your Composite in a ScrolledComposite!

(It's too bad that SWT doesn't raise an SWTError on passing in unsupported bits.)

Brian.

Back to the top