Re: [e4-dev] [releng] Stream IBuild

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Dimitar Georgiev <anakin.bg@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

Will a IBuild be scheduled soon for the stream? There is a change https://git.eclipse.org/c/e4/org.eclipse.e4.search.git/tag/?id=v20110622-0630 which we really want to include in the updatesite.

We hope to restart I builds this week, depending on our M build scheduled I would imagine the I build will be on Tuesday 22:00 EDT.

P.S. On a similar note, where can I read info on executing the I-Build manually on my machine? I'm particularly interested on building e4.search locally, so I can assure I haven't broken anything when pushing to the remote master.

Nothing is set up to build on a local machine, it's geared towards build.eclipse.org.  But everything is in CVS, if you check out /cvsroot/eclipse e4/releng you can see org.eclipse.e4.builder/scripts is where masterBuild.sh is (that runs both our builds) and org.eclipse.e4/builder/general/ is our PDE build directory.  That's the build.properties and customTargets.xml that build our e4 build (based on an Eclipse 4.1 SDK).

Our build is called from masterBuild.sh : buildMasterFeature() ... you would need to make sure you skip the signing target that's in customTargets.xml.

You can run a build on your machine if you modify the properties.   Properties that come to mind:

You need correct locations for all of the BREEs: J2SE-1.4, J2SE-1.5, etc, plus a build directory and target directory (for the mirrored repos).  If you only have one search feature, you can replace the master feature in build.properties to narrow down the scope of the local build.  You might need to mirror some repos like GEF yourself.

If you get started down this path, you can always ping us on irc://freenode.net/#eclipse-e4 ... also, you can modify or add to the http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Builds page.

PW

--
Paul Webster