Re: [e4-dev] eclipse v4.1 localization

yes I am using swt for my project. What I have done is to use de.vogella.todo example and from this I have just added a tab to change the styles example just the background color and the buttons color etc. The last part in my project I have to add localization to my project. So really I am trying to get de.vogella.todo example working in 4.1 and if I can do this I can do the styling again.
The tutorial is on :http://www.vogella.de/articles/EclipseE4/article.html#firste4
As before I cannot get past the new application model.

In your tutorial I am trying to get the addressbook.swt.application working so I get an understanding of localization and can try to apply it myself to my project (that if I get my project working in 4.1!!). Will I just delete the dependencies that are giving errors because the project will not run for me with those errors in the .product file?

Thanks for your help,
Deirdre.

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 07.06.11 11:11, schrieb Deidre Stankard:
> I am using the emfdatabinding-tutorial. There is errors in
> 'org.eclipse.ufacekit.ui.jfx.databinding' and
> 'org.eclipse.ufacekit.ui.jfx.databinding.example' projects when I import
> them into the 4.1 workspace.

You should not import them they are useless for you - They are part of
an alternate rendering approach which uses JavaFX instead of SWT.

I guess you are writing an application using SWT and JavaFX, right ;-)

> But I do not think them projects affect the addressbook swing project
> but within the 'at.bestsolution.e4.addressbook.swing.application' I have
> errors in the dependencies:
> org.eclipse.core.filesystem.aix.ppc
> org.eclipse.core.filesystem.hpux.ia64_32
> org.eclipse.core.filesystem.linux.ppc
> org.eclipse.core.filesystem.linux.x86
> org.eclipse.core.filesystem.linux.x86_64
> org.eclipse.core.filesystem.macosx
> org.eclipse.core.filesystem.solaris.sparc
> org.eclipse.core.filesystem.win32.x86_64

You don't want to have the swing stuff either I guess because you want
to use SWT, right? The errors you see in the .product-File are not a
problem too you either because those are fragments for all different OSes.

> When I import my project, that I designed and coded in 4.0, into 4.1 no
> errors occur but when I run the project errors occur I have put these
> errors at the bottom of this email. I tried to start the project again
> in 4.1 but when I come to creating a 'new application model' an internal

Can you please tell me what you have installed and which actions you are
executing step by step?

> errors occurs that will not let me run the project. I can open the
> application model in e4 workbenchmodel editor but not e4 visualdesign
> editor. I think this is also the problem when I try run the project
> designed in 4.0.

See below on why this happens. This will be fixed in the latest builds
and you should not get batik 1.7.0 anymore.

> Regards,
> Deirdre.
>
> _error message for my project running in 4.1:_
>
> !SESSION 2011-06-07 10:03:03.625
> eclipse.buildId=unknown
> java.version=1.6.0_02
> java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
> BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_GB
> Framework arguments:  -product de.vogella.e4.todo.product
> Command-line arguments:  -product de.vogella.e4.todo.product -data
> C:\Documents and Settings\Deirdre
> Stankard\Desktop\v11/../runtime-Todo.product -dev file:C:/Documents and
> Settings/Deirdre
> Stankard/Desktop/v11/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/Todo.product/dev.properties
> -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -consoleLog
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.app 0 0 2011-06-07 10:03:05.781
> !MESSAGE Product de.vogella.e4.todo.product could not be found.
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2011-06-07 10:03:05.812
> !MESSAGE One or more bundles are not resolved because the following root
> constraints are not resolved:
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2011-06-07 10:03:05.812
> !MESSAGE Bundle
> initial@reference:file:plugins/org.apache.batik.css_1.6.0.v201011041432.jar/
> was not resolved.
> !SUBENTRY 2 org.apache.batik.css 2 0 2011-06-07 10:03:05.812
> !MESSAGE Missing required bundle org.apache.batik.util_[1.6.0,1.7.0).

See another thread this week speaking about the batik problem. Open your
launch configuration, deselect 1.7.0 and select 1.6.0 afterwards
validate the plugins.

Tom