Re: [e4-dev] Problems with 4.1 RC on mac os x

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Ok I tracked this down to the fact that when installing the e4 tools
bridge you also get batik 1.7.0 installed and by default the bundle with
the highest version is selected when the .product files creates the
launch config.

I don't know why yet but org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.core puts a version
constraint on batik to exclude 1.7.0 and hence you fail to start.

So there are in fact 2 problems:
a) why does the bridge feature bring batik 1.7.0 with it
b) why does core.css exclude 1.7.0

Just for the record, eclipse CSS currently needs 1.6.0.  There were incompatible changes in 1.7 so that we will need feature work to move to it.

We  are changing the bridge feature to work as the current ui.css feature:

Bug 348223 - The bridge feature should require same version as ui.css

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR