Re: [e4-dev] e4 and EMF-Databinding

Angelo,

Am 10.05.11 11:18, schrieb Angelo zerr:
> Hi Tom,
>
> I would like tell you that the original E4/CSS Engine comes from TK-UI
> <http://tk-ui.sourceforge.net/> project. When I have developed this CSS
> engine, I tried to split it to Core and Implementation (like today). E4
> use SWT implementation but TK-UI provides Swing Implementation
> <http://tk-ui.sourceforge.net/user-guide/cssengine/swingcssengine.html>.
> I know that CSS Engine Core is based on today on Extension Point, but I
> have created the capability to use Extension Point without OSGi
> http://angelozerr.wordpress.com/2010/09/14/eclipse-extension-points-and-extensions-without-osgi/

The major problem is not CSS which is not so much of a point in Swing
with its plugable L&F. The main problem with SWT is that the native
controls can't be customized enough to make slick UIs without investing
a lot of time and/or to write custom widgets to replace them.

Another thing when it comes to advanced UIs are animation support,
gradients, scenegraphs, ... - I know those things are not really needed
for IDE and some Form-Based-Applications.

I've just been reading the Qt5-Whitepaper and well what should I say
that makes my me jump ;-)

Tom

Back to the top