From: Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/09/2011 04:01 AM
Subject: [e4-dev] e4 and EMF-Databinding
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I gave a talk last week at Jax presenting EMF-Databinding [1]. The thing
I'm writing here is because the small sample application I used to
present the main Databinding concepts is build using e4.

Beside demonstrating the "boring" thing to use EMF-Databinding together
with SWT/JFace I also added an example on how to use it with Swing and
to make an e4 application possible I had to author a minimum swing
renderer implementation (nothing more than a proof of concept). You can
see a screenshot of it on my blog [2].

You might ask why I'm investing time into a Swing Rendering proof of
concept and well I don't want to start a flame war here but from my
personal experience talking to people at conferences (even EclipseCon)
and most important customers. More and more people get unhappy with the
inflexibility of SWT to write nice looking UIs. Even though we made good
progress on bringing CSS into the game I'm seeing us loosing more and
more ground in this area which is a bit disappointing.

Tom

[1]
http://tomsondev.bestsolution.at/2011/05/06/jax-2011-emf-databinding-talk/
[2]