Re: [e4-dev] e4 + splah handlers + app life cycle

Hello

I am trying to port an Eclipse 3.x application to e4 and found your discussion [1]. I would like to have a login dialog in front of my splash screen as early as possible but with access to the OSGi runtime to get my authentication service from a different plug-in. This look quite similar to the Workspace Launcher dialog in the Eclipse SDK when starting.

In Eclipse 3.x i did this within the Application class and WorkbenchPlugin.getSplashShell(display) got me the splash shell.

How can i achieve this in e4 without implementing the rather large E4Application class by myself? Are there some application life cycle hooks and splash handlers available where i can implement my login screen?

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/e4-dev/msg02200.html

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Christoph

Back to the top