[e4-dev] New to the list

Hi folks,

I just joined the e4 mailing list and thought a few words of introduction where in order.

Although I've been away from Eclipse for a while working on embedded Java run times, I have been working with and on Eclipse since the beginning.  I've worked on Eclipse UI, and Rel Eng.  Currently I'm working with the P2 team and am looking at getting involved with e4.

The first thing I want to work on in the e4 context is integrating web applications with the workbench to create a better user experience.  Things like editor life cycle for hosted web applications, link interception, context menu replacement and similar methods of making web applications work as first class workbench citizens.  Initially this work is targeted to the 3.7 stream, but perhaps some of the lessons learned will be applicable to e4.

I look forwarded to following along on the newsgroups and mailing lists and working with some of you soon.

Dean_Roberts@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top