From: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Tom Schindl
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 4:42 PM
To: E4 Project developer mailing list
Subject: Re: [e4-dev] XWT Designer on IndigoM6

Hi,

Taking this message from Yves to the newsgroup. I think we should
discuss how we proceed with this and other parts of our e4-update-site.

If I understand Yves right the code base found in the update-site is not
maintained any more - Is this correct Yves?

The problem I see with the current e4-update-site is that it holds 2
types of features:

* Maintained sources like the stuff found in E4 UI-Category
  => In fact this is the new workbench source (do we already provide
     the source of the SDK with build)

* Maintained sources like the stuff found on E4 Tools
  => This is still incubating stuff but actively maintained

and some know to be not maintained:
* E4 Toolkit Model
* E4 XWT

The problem I see at least (please don't take this as an offense) at
least with the E4 XWT stuff it is that installing tooling into the
Eclipse IDE which tries to replace already present stuff from other
Bundles (e.g. provides an e4xmi-Editor registered as the default-editor
for e4xmi-Files) but is (at least on OS-X) known to not work.

Yves any thoughts from your side?

Tom