[e4-dev] E4 / 4.1 SDK Endgame

We're quickly approaching the end of this development cycle. As far as we can we should try to stick to the regular release cadence...the main goal is to have the 4.1 SDK ready for public  consumption. With this in mind we should also ensure that the e4 story is still working (i.e. doesn't have to drag in the compat layer for any 'normal' processing).

M7 should see the end of the development cycle. I'm seeing a lot of late churn (some of it is mine...;-) regarding changes to basics; if they're necessary OK but we should keep them to a minimum. We need as much soak time as we can possibly get in order to give the code a thorough workout with lime left over to fix defects. Basically if it's not broken (meaning impacting the SDK) then perhaps we should wait until 4.2 to address the issue.

Here are some of the tasks that will need work during the end game: (volunteers welcome !!)

- We should take another stab at performance. The last one gave us a big boost for little change, perhaps we can move past 3.x but even if we can't then knowing why will help going forward

- Documentation: the model, the API and the application life-cycle have to be documented for e4. We should likely at least update the screen caps for the 3.x docs (have we forked doc.isv ?)

If you can think of others pass them on...(bundle refactoring ??)

Thanks folks,
Eric

Back to the top