From: Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/20/2011 03:59 PM
Subject: [e4-dev] News from the model tooling
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I could not resist and work once more a "bit" on the model tooling and i
think I have added some quite interesting features (see [1]).

But I have features floating around in my head and I'd like your input
on which one you think are of bigger importance:

* IEclipseContext inspection:
 This feature would allow one to inspect the IEclipseContext bound to
 an model element as well as the hierachy of contexts which might help
 to better understand why which value was injected

* Autocompletion support for XMI:
 This might be handy because then currently you have to know what you
 want to have to write into the XMI

* TransientData inspection:
 Quite similar to the current Contribution Inspection (this will be
 easy do add)

* Runtime information through a Scripting language
 This would allow one to modify object instance using e.g. _javascript_

* Modification of the model using a Scripting language

I think all of those features have a value but I'd like to take your
input into account. I can not guarantee which ones I'm able to implement
until 4.1 is due but I'm going to give it a try.

Tom

[1]
http://tomsondev.bestsolution.at/2011/02/20/e4-news-from-modeltooling/

--
B e s t S o l u t i o n . a t                        EDV Systemhaus GmbH