[e4-dev] JDT in e4 and alternative JVM languages

Hi folks,

I'd like to follow Andy Clement and Andrew Eisenberg by declaring an
interest in this project and my willingness to get involved.

I'm the lead of the Scala IDE for Eclipse project[1] and we face very
similar problems to those of the AspectJ and Groovy tooling projects
... we've collaborated over the years and the Scala tooling has
adopted an approach that's heavily indebted to ideas and the
implementation of the weaving model used by AJDT.

Like the other two projects we would also like to see a reduction in
the amount of weaving/patching required to extend the JDT for
alternative JVM languages, with the proviso that we appreciate that we
should do no harm to the Java tooling.

[1] http://www.scala-ide.org/

Cheers,

Miles