Re: [e4-dev] Update site for EMF tooling for Eclipse 4.1 M2

Thanks Paul, works fine.

2010/10/25 Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 5:36 AM, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to add EMF tooling to the Eclipse 4.1 M2 build, e.g. to have
> the generic EMF editor. Can someone point me to the right update site? If I
> try to use the Helios one I receive the errors pasted below.

Normally we install from Indigo, but we got caught out by the release
process.  We wrapped up with Eclipse 3.7 SDK M2, but really we're like
a +2 component since we consume EMF.

The actual EMF used in M2 is probably:
http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/emf/updates/2.7-I-builds/I201008251601

With M3 we'll have to come up with a better mechanism.

Another thing you could try is to make the EMF stuff updatable, and
see if you can then upgrade using Indigo:
eclipse -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -consoleLog -noSplash \
 -repository file:$(pwd)/p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine/profileRegistry/SDKProfile.profile
\
 -installIU org.eclipse.emf.ecore.feature.group,org.eclipse.emf.common.feature.group

This will make the 2 EMF features we use root IUs, which can then be
upgraded (if we have the e4.rcp feature dependencies set up correctly
:-)

PW

--
Paul Webster