Re: [e4-dev] Proposal to replace the 'visible' flag

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Eric Moffatt <emoffatt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> After spending some time with Lars yesterday explaining the difference
> between the 'toBeRendered' flag and the 'visible' flag (again!) I think that
> I've come up with a way to eliminate it altogether...

I can't comment on the use of it in shared parts, but in menus and
toolbars I need a different flag that contols visibility vs TBR (which
means under control of the renderer).  But if it's not useful in other
rendering contexts, it could be moved up to the MMenuElement level.

Also, I'll give you this 3.x scenario to consider.  You can currently
hide an editor.  It has the properties that the editor tab is no
longer visible in the editor area.  But as it works against the
EditorReference, it has no effect on the "restored" state of the
editor.  i.e. if there's an EditorPart it is left alone, not disposed.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR