Re: [e4-dev] Can't start Eclipse 4.0 SDKs on Win32 anymore

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 1:52 AM, Toedter, Kai <kai.toedter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am having problems with starting all Eclipse 4.0 SDKs (early adopter
> versions: RC2, ibuilds) on Windows 7 32bit with both JDK 6 20 and 21. After
> showing the splash screen, it shows the workspace selection dialog and then
> just ends without errors or logs.

So Eclipse goes down immediately after the dialog comes up? You do not even get a chance to pick a workspace? What if you specify the directory by hand with the '-data' argument?

I run Windows 7 at home and Susan uses Windows 7 for work and we have not had any problems. I believe Dan also uses Windows 7 and he hasn't reported anything of this sort either as far as I know.

Maybe it would be worth trying Java 5?

Regards,
Remy

Remy Suen