[e4-dev] Workbench Model Contributions: Fragments, Snippets & Processors

Hi All,

Currently I am developing several test contributions for the e4 contacts demo. I am using the extension point "org.eclipse.e4.workbench.model" with a fragment to contribute a new part to an already existing part stack. Works fine so far ☺

But to fully understand that, here are a few questions:

- What is the difference between a snippet and a fragment?
- What are processors for?
- What are the recommended best practices for ids, both xmi:id and elementId
  - If a create a fragment.xmi manually, what should I use as xmi:id?
  - What are xmi:ids currently used for?

Thanks

Kai
---

Kai Tödter

Siemens AG
Corporate Technology
System Architecture & Platforms
CT T DE IT 1
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 Munich, Germany
Phone: +49 89 636-41064
Fax: +49 89 636-45450
mailto: kai.toedter@xxxxxxxxxxx
Internet: www.siemens.com/corporate-technology

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard Cromme; Managing Board: Peter Loescher, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer; Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe Kaeser, Rudi Lamprecht, Eduardo Montes, Juergen Radomski, Erich R. Reinhardt, Hermann Requardt, Uriel J. Sharef, Peter Y. Solmssen, Klaus Wucherer; Registered offices: Berlin and Munich; Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322

Back to the top