Re: [e4-dev] New Model Contribution System

Hi Paul,

My Model-Editor now has full support for the new contribution stuff.
You'll see how this looks like in the attached screenshot.

I'll continue to port our model-components to the new strucuture and
hope to finish it tomorrow.

Is the 4.0 SDK using any ModelComponent-stuff, or is this used only
heavily by our Sample-Projects (Photo-Demo, Simple-IDE).

Tom

Am 14.06.10 14:11, schrieb Tom Schindl:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Am 14.06.10 13:55, schrieb Paul Webster:
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> This looks great :-)
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Tom Schindl
>> <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've just released the implementation of our new flexible model fragment
>>> contribution system.
>>

> Not yet.
>
>> Do you have an example or wiki?  For example, if I want to add new
>> MHandedMenuItems to a MPopupMenu, where should I be looking for the
>> names of the features or attributes, etc.
>>

> The name of the feature is the name. I've already ported the Photo-App
> and some of the SimpleIDE stuff to the new fragment.e4xmi.
>
> Contributing an handler to a popup menu you'll add to the children-feature.
>
> so it should look like this:
>
>>   <fragments xsi:type="fragment:StringModelFragment" xmi:id="_L5io0Hd_Ed-1qvIKTh1tLQ" featurename="children" parentElementId="mypopupid">
>>     <elements xsi:type="menu:HandedMenuItem" xmi:id="_eHsbUHd_Ed-1qvIKTh1tLQ" elementId="myhandler" commandName="my.command.id"/>
>>   </fragments>
>
> If my.command.id is referenced from somewhere else you'll use the
> imports like you did in the old system.
>
> The test suite has example for all supported stuff but I'll try to write
> things up in a wiki page.
>
> Tom

tom schindl                                        geschaeftsfuehrer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5/1    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834