From Richard.

On 24/04/2010, at 12:52 AM, Bogdan Gheorghe wrote:

Hi Richard -

Welcome! The first thing you will want to do is get your environment set up and get a simple example running. There are step by step instructions available here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/SWT/Running_the_demos

You can use any 3.x build (I just tried installing the tools in 3.6 M6) but you will need to install the SWT tools from this install site:
http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/R-0.9-200907291930/repository

Just to let you know we haven't actively worked on the code in over a year but the instructions on the wiki page still apply and should get you up and going.

From: Richard Zschech <richard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 04/23/2010 09:10 AM
Subject: [e4-dev] SWT for Flex
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,

I'm looking around for ways to cross compile Java into ActionScript and found SWT for Flex. I see in this post (
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/e4-dev/msg02180.html ) that you're looking for early adopter to continue development.

I'm interested in writing a new application that is intended to run in Flash on the client and Java on the server. Both the client and server will share the same object models and logic etc. Rather than maintaining two versions, a ActionScript and a Java version, I was hoping to stick to programming in Java and cross compile to Flash similar what GWT does for _javascript_.

In the post above Bogdan says he would be happy to help some one get started to progress the technology. So here I am :-)