Re: [e4-dev] NLS in the e4 Model

Hi,

Am 12.04.10 17:50, schrieb Paul Webster:
> First let me say, the ability to NLS the workbench model is required
> as well as important :-)  AFAIK we need to implement this before we
> ship.
>
> That being said, what are the options?  Our workbench model consumes
> as well as replaces some aspects that are provided in 3.x by 1)
> programmatic contributions, that can use the eclipse NLS support and
> 2) extensions that usually are translated in the plugin.properties.
>
> So we now have an EMF model in the center of our workbench.  What is
> the EMF support for i18n?  Does it have a similar capability where an
> attribute value is %whatever and it can be directed at load time to
> .properties files?

No it hasn't anything we can use in our case.

My take on it is that NLS should not be implemented as Decorators (=the
translation is done on the fly by the Renderer) but the renderer should
render the value really stored in the UILabel#label.

I think it can work like this:
------------------------------
after having loaded the model we but before we apply the deltas, we
traverse the model and replace the label-attribute with the translation
we retrieve through a TranslationService.

I think we should remember the original value in a transient attribute
so that we can reset the value to its original translation though.

Does this make sense?

Tom

tom schindl                                        geschaeftsfuehrer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5/1    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top