Re: [e4-dev] Goggle Summer of Code Projects for e4

Thanks for the reminder, Ian!

I quickly added two entries, one about OpenSocial gadgets and another about supporting other languages than Java in e4. I'd be happy if others contributed more ideas (OpenSocial gadgets for Hudson??), volunteered as mentors, or improved the existing ideas.

Boris

Inactive hide details for Ian Skerrett ---03/29/2010 04:46:06 PM---Google Summer Code is starting to ramp up.   Eclipse is a paIan Skerrett ---03/29/2010 04:46:06 PM---Google Summer Code is starting to ramp up. Eclipse is a participating organization and we have a

Ian Skerrett <ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>

e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/29/2010 04:46 PM

[e4-dev] Goggle Summer of Code Projects for e4

Sent by:

e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Google Summer Code is starting to ramp up. Eclipse is a participating organization and we have a number of project ideas already.

Unfortunately there are no projects proposed from e4? This seems like a great opportunity to get more people working on e4 related material. I am wondering if we could get a student to help 1) improve the tooling for OpenSocial gadgets or 2) maybe start creating a number of gadgets that would benefit the Eclipse community? I am not really in a position to mentor a student but I would certainly help brainstorm some ideas if people are interested.

Ian

--
Ian Skerrett
Director of Marketing