Re: [e4-dev] Re-use of View in Dialog

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> one of the target of e4 was the flexibl re-use of component. I believe
> I once saw an example where a view was re-used in a dialog.

It should just be a matter of creating an MWindow and then moving the
MPart over to the MWindow. You may have to force some layout calls but
that's the basic gist of it.

So first instantiate a new MWindow via the EMF factory, then attach it
to the application (or as a child of your top-level window), this
should cause a new Shell to be instantiated, if not you can ask the
IPresentationEngine to create the window (engine.createGUI(mwindow),
mwindow.getWidget() should be non-null). Then just add the MPart as a
children to the MWindow.

Regards,
Remy

Back to the top