Re: [e4-dev] Unique Id generation Proposal

Il giorno 12/mar/2010, alle ore 15.22, Remy Suen ha scritto:

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Giulio Seregni <giulio.seregni@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> how you deal with the growing of the modeldelta to save ?

Yes, this file is much bigger than the 3.x workbench.xml at the moment because every non-transient and _set_ feature for the EMF object is persisted for reconstruction when the deltas are applied.

> every time the user make changes, add views, and the remove and similar ...
> the delta number is increasing ?

But, the nice thing is that ChangeRecorder only records "end-to-end" differences.

So if you move a part from stack A to stack B, then to stack C, it'll only tell you that it used to live under A and is now under C (which is both a blessing and a curse I suppose depending on how fine-grained you want things to be).

this work within a single session... but for every session you will get some more delta to save.. or not ?

And of course, likewise, if I moved a part from stack A then to stack B, and then again back to stack A (of course, assuming it's back in the same index), then the ChangeRecorder will not report any deltas.

So while the number of deltas does grow quite significantly, there is a theoretical "soft" cap. :o

giulio

Back to the top