Re: [e4-dev] More Model Question and Proposals

Am 11.03.10 15:20, schrieb Eric Moffatt:

> I think you're correct that MPerspective should not be MPSCElement, its
> only correct location is directly under some MPerspectiveStack (which
> should be restricted to *only* MPerspectives)..
>
> The reason that MWindow is an MPSCElement is that we have to support
> 'detached' windows. This means that MWindow has to be able to be
> contained in other MWindow's children lists (in the legacy code they're
> actually children of some MPerspective).
>
> We are trying to support two different styles; basic e4 and legacy
> eclipse and I think that some of the confusion comes from there. It
> reasonable (I think) that an RCP app may want to define 'satellite'
> (floating) windows otherwise I may have defined MWindow as only being
> 'legal' under MPerspective.

Yes but they don't have to be stored in the MContainer-Elements but then
MPerspective should have an attribute MPerspctive#detachedWindows.

> Tom, which of our elements do you see as being MWindowElement rather
> than MPSCElement ? We should see if we can define what each separate
> element *should* contain, once we know that then setting up the
> containment in the model will follow naturally. One way to look at this
> is to ask "If i right-click on an element in the model editor which
> elements should be in the 'Add' menu?".

Elements who implement from MPSCElement AND MWindowElement:
* MPart
* MPartSashContainer
* MPartStack

Elements who only inherit from MWindowElement are:
* MPerspectiveStack

MWindowTrim from NONE but gets its extra space in MWindow#trims

Tom

tom schindl                                        geschaeftsfuehrer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5/1    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top