From: Boris Bokowski/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Date: 03/11/2010 08:22 AM
Subject: Re: [e4-dev] Unique Id generation Proposal
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Also I don't think the IDs have to be globally unique, they just have to be unique within the resource. Which means we could also have:

Command-1
Command-2
Handler-1
Handler-2
Handler-3

Remy, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Boris

Inactive hide details for Remy Suen---03/11/2010 07:55:17 AM---On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 6:01 AM, Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@bestsoRemy Suen---03/11/2010 07:55:17 AM---On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 6:01 AM, Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Remy Suen/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

03/11/2010 07:55 AM

Re: [e4-dev] Unique Id generation Proposal

Sent by:

e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 6:01 AM, Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The currently generated Id are IMHO not 100% ideal. My proposal would be to
> use $EClassname-$UUID. I also prefer Java-UUID but that probably just me.

I don't really care how the string looks or is generated as long as someone can guarantee to me that they are unique. If you want to look at the code, it's just in org.eclipse.e4.workbench.ui.internal.E4XMIResource.

Regards,
Remy