Re: [e4-dev] HandledItem Questions

Would it probably make sense to split it up into:

-----------8<-----------
abstract HandledItem {
  wbCommand: ParameterizedCommand
  parameters: List<Parameters>

  public abstract Command getCommand();
}

DirectCommandItem extend HandledItem {
  command: Command

  public Command getCommand() {
    return command;
  }
}

ReferencedCommandItem extend HandledItem {
  commandId: String

  public Command getCommand() {
    // ... look up in Application-Instance
  }
}
-----------8<-----------

BTW why is it called HandledItem when in reality it is CommandItem?

Tom

Am 07.03.10 11:44, schrieb Tom Schindl:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just working on the ModelEditor and took a look at the
> HandledItem-Element and I'm not sure why things are defined the way they
> are currently.
>
> The main problem I see with the current design is how to contribute a
> HandledItem because I need the command-instance which might not be
> available if I want to call a command not defined by myself (e.g. Save
> All defined by the workbench).
>
> I think a HandledItem needs to hold the command-id it wants to call and
> not the Command-Instance itself.
>
> Tom

tom schindl                                        geschaeftsfuehrer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5/1    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top