Re: [e4-dev] New look for for the workbench

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Toedter, Kai <kai.toedter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>Kai, did you check code out from HEAD or did you use the R1_0M4 tag?
>
> I used a fresh e4 M4 install and then checked out the bundles
> (org.eclipse.e4.ide.application and org.eclipse.ui.workbench) from head,
> using the head team project set from the releng project.

There have been some changes this week that would prevent e4 M4 from
launching the compat plugins from HEAD.  They should show up as java
errors (methods and/or classes missing during runtime, or compile
errors in org.eclipse.ui.workbench).  You can do a Replace With on
org.eclipse.e4.ide.application and org.eclipse.ui.workbench to the
R1_0M4 tag to align them with e4 M4.

Other than that, I would clear the workspace completely in the launch
config and make sure you're running with a 1.5 or 1.6 JVM (you
probably are or the empty window wouldn't have come up at all).

Later,
Paul

--
Paul Webster