From: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Boris Bokowski
Sent: Dienstag, 2. März 2010 15:26
To: E4 Project developer mailing list
Subject: Re: [e4-dev] New look for for the workbench

Hello Kai,

You can try the new look by following the steps at:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/UI/Running_the_compatibility_demo#1.0M4

Bogdan has plans to make the look fully customizable through the CSS (including references to Java classes for custom rendering), but we are not there yet. For now, we have a hardcoded constant to get the new look for the tabs: add a tag "
newtablook" to the PartStack objects in the model.

Boris

Inactive hide details for "Toedter, Kai" ---03/02/2010 04:31:47 AM---Hi All, in the e4 M4 "New and Noteworthy" there is a scree"Toedter, Kai" ---03/02/2010 04:31:47 AM---Hi All, in the e4 M4 "New and Noteworthy" there is a screenshot of "New look for the workbench", see

cid:2__=0ABBFC49DFDD60A78f9e8a93df938@xxxxxxxxxx

cid:2__=0ABBFC49DFDD60A78f9e8a93df938@xxxxxxxxxx
"Toedter, Kai" <kai.toedter@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cid:2__=0ABBFC49DFDD60A78f9e8a93df938@xxxxxxxxxx

cid:2__=0ABBFC49DFDD60A78f9e8a93df938@xxxxxxxxxx

cid:2__=0ABBFC49DFDD60A78f9e8a93df938@xxxxxxxxxx

cid:2__=0ABBFC49DFDD60A78f9e8a93df938@xxxxxxxxxx
03/02/2010 04:31 AM

cid:2__=0ABBFC49DFDD60A78f9e8a93df938@xxxxxxxxxx

cid:2__=0ABBFC49DFDD60A78f9e8a93df938@xxxxxxxxxx
[e4-dev] New look for for the workbench

cid:2__=0ABBFC49DFDD60A78f9e8a93df938@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by:

cid:2__=0ABBFC49DFDD60A78f9e8a93df938@xxxxxxxxxx
e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,

in the e4 M4 “New and Noteworthy” there is a screenshot of "New look for the workbench", see http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/S-1.0M4-201002271345/e4-news-M4.html

(actually there is a typo saying : "New look for for the workbench" :)

- How can I get this look in a running e4 workbench?
  I downloaded a fresh e4 M4 and the latest projects from cvs,
  but I did not figure out how to get this look...

- How can I apply this look to the contacts demo?

Thanks

Kai
---

Kai Tödter

Siemens AG
Corporate Technology
System Architecture & Platforms
CT T DE IT 1
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 Munich, Germany
Phone: +49 89 636-41064
Fax: +49 89 636-45450
mailto: kai.toedter@xxxxxxxxxxx
Internet: www.siemens.com/corporate-technology

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard Cromme; Managing Board: Peter Loescher, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer; Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe Kaeser, Rudi Lamprecht, Eduardo Montes, Juergen Radomski, Erich R. Reinhardt, Hermann Requardt, Uriel J. Sharef, Peter Y. Solmssen, Klaus Wucherer; Registered offices: Berlin and Munich; Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322