[e4-dev] Proposed 'breaking' model changes

Remy has found some issues withthe current model when trying to implement the compatibility layer's 'saveable' views/editors. Essentially he can't determine up front whether to create a regular MPart or an MSaveablePart..

Also, given that all parts have a 'persistedState' attribute there seems to be no need for MEditor, it can store whatever info it needs to recreate its input there.

Given this I expect that next week I'll be removing both MSaveablePart and MEditor and moving the 'dirty' flag directly into MPart.

Also, since we're taking the hit anyways I'm also going to (finally!) change the MElementContainer's 'activeChild' to 'selectedElement'.

Let me know if you think that this is going to cause problems, I'll update the models for the contacts and photo demos but I realize that there are likely a few others out there now.

Eric

Back to the top