[e4-dev] Oddities with multiple "Sample Reflective Ecore Model Editor"

I noticed that, as of M3, there are now two editors called "Sample Reflective Ecore Model Editor" for editing Application.e4xmi.  One worked, and the other threw exceptions.  And unfortunately with I20100121, neither now works, though for different reasons.  I wondered if anybody might have a solution to fix this.

The first of the editors in 20100121 now has nicer icons.  These icons look the same as presented in the Outline of the new visual designer.  Unfortunately this editor doesn't show "Command" definitions.  Nor does this editor show the keybindings and labels.  Since Yves' visual designer doesn't show command definitions either, I wondered if this editor is somehow related.

The other editor blows up when I try to edit any Application.e4xmi.  The first error is a "FeatureNotFoundException: Feature 'version' not found", but the column number is the end of the <application:Application> element.  And then follows a slew of UnresolvedReferenceExceptions.  Interestingly, getting rid of the "xmi:version='2.0'" gets rid of the first error.

I get these results both on the e4photo and the Contacts Application.e4xmi files.

Brian.

--
On bike helmets: "If you think your hair is more important than your brain, you're probably right."  (B. J. Wawrykow)