Re: [e4-dev] Update: e4 development questions

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 7:30 AM, Toedter, Kai <kai.toedter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I updated my development environment to Eclipse SDK IBuild I20100124-2000 and EMF 2.6.0.v200912121603

your best bet is to use the e4 SDK from
http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/I20100121-2200/  The
problem is that the eclipse SDK has the new p2 API but WTP will only
move up on their latest I build ... which happened after the compile
(as everybody gets ready for Helios M5).  But I was able to create
complete e4 SDKs that could compile XWT.

> Since org.eclipse.ui.ide is only used in the resources map files, but not in any of the UI team sets, I guess it is not needed anymore...

Right, we don't build the e4 resources stuff anymore, the
functionality has been migrated into 3.6 HEAD.

> @Yves, I could not install the Web Tools into Eclipse SDK IBuild I20100124-2000, so most of the XWT stuff does not compile. Do you have any suggestions how to get XWT compiled with the latest SDK IBuild?

Try only installing the XML Editors and Tools.  That's the part that
is needed for XWT.

PW

--
Paul Webster