Re: [e4-dev] EMF question: setting schema location so that the model from the workspace, not target is picked up?

Oleg,

Unfortunately, an xsi:schemaLocation is only a hint for resolving the model, so if the namespace is a registered EPackage, the registered version will always be preferred.

Oleg Besedin wrote:

Anybody knows if it is possible to specify the schema location for XMI files so that the schema is picked up from the workspace, not from the environment?

Long description:
- Say, we have the "org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.workbench" bundle in the e4 distribution. It contains "UIElements.ecore" which it registers using an extension point.
- Next, we get an updated version if the same bundle from CVS into the workspace.
- Then if we try to open an XMI file that refers to a features available in the updated model (which is present in the workspace), but not in the "old" version, the reflective editor barks.

Right now, for instance, the Application.xmi from the contacts demo in CVS Head can not be opened with the sample reflective editor using the I20100104-2100 build of e4.

I tried to use different values for the "schemaLocation" attribute including absolute and relative file URIs, plugin and resource URIs. In all cases it seem to be picking up the schema from the installed bundle, not from the bundle in the workspace.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Oleg