Re: [e4-dev] e4 + splah handlers + app life cycle

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Toedter, Kai <kai.toedter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Paul,
>
> I just started experimenting with Trident and animated splash screens. Just for a proof of concept, I modified the startup of the E4Application a bit. More details you find a blog entry

Thanx for having a look at this.

> Since the splash handler should be invoked as early as possible, probably E4Application would be a better place. It would also be possible to make the API render engine independent. Another way would be to create the render engine at the very beginning of the lifecycle rather than after loading the model...

It might have to be the second option ... the rendering engine
determines what windowing toolkit is used, and so it must handle (in
our case) all of the SWT operations.  If we determine the hooks for
starting and stopping the splash screen, E4Application could call out
to the renderer right at the beginning of its initialization (I
think).

PW

--
Paul Webster