Re: [e4-dev] Why XML UI is important for us

Hi Kaiping,

Thank you for your exposing your experience. That's an interesting point you have just raised. You pointed that declarative UI is finally the most important feature for building UI. That means that for the final User who creates the UI, whatever the declaration is in XML or EMF (Actually even if it is in EMF the user does see the difference if he uses an editor), the most important is that is declarative and dynamic (can be re-deployed without compilation).
However, when the developer wants more complex integration of the declarative UI, such as detecting the lost of focus, putting listener (as adapter) or even connecting back-end objects by transformation (aggregate objects, fields, etc.) the model approach makes sense.

Sabri.