[e4-dev] Contributing parts to the workbench

Now that perspectives will be optional and the internal structure of the workbench is much more flexible, has there been work done on an alternative to declarative perspective layouts? I know you can structure things however you like in the workbench model, but what about declarative contributions from other bundles?

My guess is that this would look something like the locationURI mechanism for declaratively contributing menu items. So has this been discussed already and if so where are we at?

Regards,

--- Patrick

Patrick Paulin
Eclipse RCP/OSGi Trainer and Consultant