RE: [e4-dev] TM and XWT

> The differences between TM and XWT are due to different opinions about
> what problem we are solving and hence the requirements of the
> technology. Most seem to agree that we need declarative UI in e4, but
> few are explicit about what that entails. I wish others, like the
> Alcatel Lucents representative, could say something about what
> characteristics the technology should have.

>From my point of view, declarative UI of e4 should be capable do everything
with existing frameworks in declarative way. XWT and TM address this issues
with different technology: one is XAML and another is EMF. XWT is designed
to map every programming class without re-implement them. TM needs to
develop the renderer for each.

As I said, XWT's direct users are mainly SWT developers. TM are EMF
developers. So the architecture I image should be:

                     EMF Developer

                      ---------
                      |  TM   |
    SWT Developer     ---------
          V               V
  |                XWT                |

I don't think TM can provide a solution for SWT developers without forcing
them to learn new UI APIs.

Best regards
Yves YANG