[e4-dev] E4 for Ajax applications?

I'm currently evaluating client/server solutions for Ajax applications. Does the following scenario make sense? Will this be supported in a future E4 version? When?

- Server: OSGi modules written in either Java or JavaScript
- Client: Dojo
- Client-server communication: via JSON-RPC
- Server-side plugins should be able to contribute client-side modules. How would this be done? One possibility is for the server- side modules to contribute server-side directories that are accessible from the client. This kind of server-side file system contribution would be desirable for static content (HTML, CSS, images, ...), too.

If all of this worked, it would make E4 a killer Ajax platform. E4 would be a lightweight alternative to Spring, Aptana Jaxer, etc.

I do realize that this is the SWT/Browser Edition approach turned inside out, but it would give one excellent modularity while having more control over the GUI in the browser. Plus, server-side language agnosticism is also a cool feature.

Axel

--
Axel.Rauschmayer@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.pst.ifi.lmu.de/~rauschma/