Re: [e4-dev] e4 release review slides

SWT does not support per-pixel translucency  on widgets currently. Only on images. It would be a good adding to the toolkit.

Silenio

Kirill Grouchnikov <kirillcool@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/28/2009 01:39 PM

Please respond to
E4 Project developer mailing list <e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
Re: [e4-dev] e4 release review slides

Hi

Perhaps off topic (and belonging in the SWT list).

Does SWT support per-pixel translucency (as in Swing in 6u10-6u14 and 7)? I've been trying to create a translucent top-level shell with soft rounded corners (as in [1]), but no luck. Using NO_TRIM on the Shell removes the decorations, but setRegion() only installs one-bit transparency on the shell pixels.

I've tried using a NO_BACKGROUND Canvas with a custom PaintListener that sets alpha 128 on the GC of the passed event, and when it comes up, it looks right (translucent canvas on top of the underlying window). But once i start dragging the shell, it still has the "snapshot" of the original location of the screen.

And setting alpha on the Shell itself is not what i'm looking for - i want to have different alpha on different parts of the shell.

Thanks
Kirill

[1]
http://www.pushing-pixels.org/?p=1233