Re: [e4-dev] Build submission for I20090716-1930 - No write access

Oh, ok, thanks.

I think there was a problem with my checkout, which caused the commit error down the road.

I'll retry after cleaning my workspace. The navigator changes went through, though, so they are already tagged for this Thursday release.

Serge.

Boris Bokowski wrote:

Serge Beauchamp wrote on 07/14/2009 03:07:45 PM:
> But it seems I don't write access anymore in e4:
>
> ***
> cvs tag -F "/org.eclipse.core.resources/v20090716-1930"
> "/org.eclipse.core.resources" "/org.eclipse.core.resources"
>     cvs [server aborted]: "tag" requires write access to the repository
> The server reported an error while performing the "cvs tag" command.
> (took 0:01.838)
>    Error: org.eclipse.core.resources: cvs [server aborted]: "tag"
> requires write access to the repository
> ***
>
> Is the branch purposefully locked for commits or should I petition
> someone about the write access.

Hi Serge,

Are you sure you haven't tried to tag the org.eclipse.core.resources project under /cvsroot/eclipse as opposed to the e4 one? I checked your group memberships on dev.eclipse.org, and the permissions on files in /cvsroot/eclipse/e4/org.eclipse.e4.resources/bundles/org.eclipse.core.resources and couldn't find a reason why you wouldn't be able to tag it.

If you continue to have problems, you should file a bug against Eclipse Foundation>Community>CVS.

Boris