Re: [e4-dev] Not your parent's tabs

I believe it works best if you take the tagged R3_5 version of SWT, otherwise you can get complaints about the jar id mismatching.
For reasons I am not clear on, by taking the R3_5 version, I didn't have to do the classpath dance described below.

Kevin

Boris Bokowski/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/08/2009 03:56 PM

Please respond to
E4 Project developer mailing list <e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject

Paul Webster wrote on 07/08/2009 03:41:34 PM:
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Kevin McGuire<Kevin_McGuire@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The classes themselves can be found in org.eclipse.e4.ui.widgets.fragment,
> > which for subclassing visibility reasons needed to be a fragement off
> > org.eclipse.swt.  I don't think this is the right long term solution but it
> > was the most expedient given time running out.
>
> For the moment this puts us in the position where to compile e4 UI we
> need to check out org.eclipse.swt (and set the .classpath correctly
> for your platform) so that org.eclipse.e4.ui.widgets.fragment can
> compile.  Without a compiled version of
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.widgets.fragment the swt.renderer plugin will no
> longer compile.

See
http://www.eclipse.org/swt/cvs.php for instructions on how to check out SWT from CVS.

Boris