[e4-dev] facets and e4

I just thought I should re-start the thread from a few months ago on facets, e4 resources api and how there might be integration opportunities to consider there. In any case, I just posted an update on framework progress in technology.fproj. As a reminder, this is an effort to establish the Faceted Project Framework without any ties to WTP in Helios timeframe in order to spur broader adoption.

http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=20&group=eclipse.fproj#20

If there is interest in continuing the discussion of how facets can bring further value to e4, we can have that discussion on this mailing list or on the fproj channels (mailing list or newsgroup). If necessary, I can do a live demo of a sample that I’ve been working on that shows applicability of the technology to basic JavaSE development. I want to dispel all traces of the belief that facets are somehow tied to server-targeted development and don’t fit into other tooling areas.

- Konstantin

Back to the top