[e4-dev] Welcome to e4

After some hacking and help from Eric "compatibility" Moffatt I got the Eclipse 3.x welcome view working on the e4 compatibility layer. If anyone wants to hack on welcome content/layout/images/themes/etc, it can be found in the e4 compatibility product plugin (org.eclipse.e4.ui.examples.legacy.workbench). I haven't figured out how to make the welcome view fill the screen on first startup, but I think that won't work until we get min/max support working. People might also have noticed that I rebranded it as "compatibility platform" instead of "legacy workbench". Since this is the replacement for platform product, the term "workbench" in the product name didn't sound right. And, "compatibility" sounded a bit nicer than "legacy" (or heaven forbid, "classic"). Thoughts and different ideas on the product name welcome...

Back to the top